What is Cold Laser Therapy?
We are pleased to offer our state of the art TerraQuant cold laser to our practice members and community in Austin, Texas! Cold laser therapy offers a non-invasive option for healing without the possible complications of drugs or surgery. It is FDA cleared and widely used for conditions such as:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Muscle and/or Ligament Sprains, Strains, and even Tears
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Arthritis – including Spine, Knees, Hips, Elbows, Shoulders, Hands and more!
- Post-Surgical Healing
- And much, much more.
Our TerraQuant cold laser is one of the few lasers that operate in both the upper and lower wavelengths of the light spectrum. This allows for healing at both a superficial and deeper level. Some conditions, such as arthritis or joint pain need deeper penetration. Other conditions such as wounds or muscle strains are more superficial. Cold laser works by delivering light energy units, in the form of photons, to damaged cells. Similar to photosynthesis in plants, cold laser creates a biochemical increase in cell energy by stimulating the mitochondria to accelerate the production of ATP. This increase in cell energy transforms live cells from a state of illness to stable and healthy.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy:
- Is non-invasive and easy to apply – It can be used over new surgical wounds.
- It is extremely safe and effective – Cold laser has more than a 90% efficiency rate, with over 4,000 studies done to validate the effectiveness and safety.
- Non-toxic – There are no dangerous chemicals, drugs or radiation.
- No side-effects or pain – Most patients report reduced pain shortly following cold laser therapy. We get you as comfortable as possible for the treatment and have several positioning options.
- Cost-effective – Cold laser therapy is highly cost-effective, especially compared to the cost of surgery! The number of sessions is dependent upon the condition and length of time it has been going on. Click here for a money-saving coupon.
- Works synergistically with Chiropractic care – Speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection to accelerate nerve flow and healing.
- Increased metabolic activity and cell growth – Initiates high outputs of specific enzymes, increased oxygenation and nutrient load for blood cells, allowing for the mitochondria of each cell to produce more Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP), the energy source of all cellular activity. This accelerates the body’s ability to rebuild tissue, including cartilage! This includes those who have been told they are “bone on bone” and must have knee or hip replacement. We’ve seen tremendous results with these!
- Faster wound healing and decreased scar tissue – The increase in ATP production stimulates fibroblast development and increases collagen production for all tissue damage including cuts, scratches, burns, sprains, strains or even post-surgery. It also temporarily increases vasodilation which increases blood flow to the affected areas for faster healing.
- Anti-Inflammatory and pain reduction – Reduces pain and swelling caused by inflammation or bruising.
I recommend cold laser to anyone who is experiencing pain. This is an amazing tool and should be in everyone’s “sassy 100” toolbox. Short for: “I-want-to-live-to-be-a-healthy-and-sassy-100-years-old-with-all-my-organs-teeth-and-bones”.
— Karen J.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us at 512-346-3536 or request an appointment here.